“No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.”
At Lakes Region Mental Health Center, we value our volunteers and the many ways in which they contribute to our mission. Their dedication and commitment is essential to our success, and we are grateful for the gift of their time.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available, including:
Board of Directors
The Lakes Region Mental Health Center Board of Directors serves as the governing body for our organization, overseeing the fiscal health of the agency and ensuring we are providing services in accordance with our mission. The members of our Board come from diverse backgrounds, but all believe in the value and necessity of mental health services to the community.
The work of our Board Committees is the foundation of the Board’s leadership. Our committees meet regularly and are tasked with the oversight of various functions of the organization. Most committees meet monthly, and committee work is reported on at the Board meeting. Current committees include:
- Finance—oversight of agency budget and financial matters
- Governance—organization by-laws and Board recruitment
- Development—fundraising and public relations
- Quality Improvement—program and service review
- Facilities—evaluation of physical space needs and opportunities
- Strategic Alliance—collaborative effort with LRGHealthcare to ensure the sustainability of the health care safety net in the Lakes Region
- Advocacy (meets as needed)—outreach and education for policy makers on the impact of budget decisions on our region’s health care
We welcome and encourage the participation of the community on our committees.
Our Advisory Council is a group of individuals committed to good mental health for our community. They work with us to educate the public on mental health issues and services, and are a frequent presence at our events and forums.
Ongoing and Special Projects
Our volunteers often assist us with ongoing tasks such as preparing bulk mailings or filing, or they may help with special projects, such as preparing for an event, painting or landscaping. No matter how big or small the task, we are always grateful for the extra set of hands!
For more information about any of our volunteer opportunities, please contact Ann Nichols, Director of Development & Public Relations, at 524-1100 x445 or email@example.com